13 Aug Ways to Manage Nutrition Costs During the Pandemic
It’s important during this time that you’re trying to manage your cost effectively. Recently, there have been interruptions in planting, harvesting, production, transportation, delivery shortages, inefficiencies, and increased production costs which has resulted in food costs skyrocketing. By knowing how to manage these costs while providing residents with quality & nutritious foods you will be able to save money.
- Keeping internal reports on software P&L to show you where the money is going and the return on your investment.
- Net raw food costs reporting
- Plate waste studies
- Customer satisfaction analysis
- Alter menu when necessary
- Inspect portions and ensure staff are using recipes and production sheets
- Train staff for accountability
- Educate stuff regarding scoop sizes
- Do not overproduce and use leftovers efficiently
We are all being affected during this pandemic by these rising food costs and will continue to be affected. It is important now to manage your finances and food expenses to provide residents complete nutritious meals while maintaining your food budget.
View our latest webinar Reducing Food Costs for more information and ways to effectively mitigate these cost increases!