13 Oct Easy Steps to Keeping Your Residents Safe from COVID-19
We know that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can be fatal to some people. It is important to take action to keep everyone safe. For example, someone just got their saliva content on their hand then touched a doorknob, they are COVID positive but have not tested yet. You open the same door then touch your nose – that’s a pass rate. The nose is portable for disease and the mouth. This is how easily this virus can be spread through everyday activities. Here are steps we need to take in our facility to keep residents safe:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer (60%)
- Avoid touching your face, nose or mouth.
- Properly cover your nose and mouth with a single-use tissue for coughing and sneezing
- Stay home from work if you’re not feeling well. Check temperatures before going into facilities
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Keep a safe distance (social distance, 6-foot apart, wave)
- Wear appropriate masks and gloves (sanitize masks)
- Outside of work – avoid large gatherings, wear masks, be careful on vacations.
- Inspect, don’t expect.
These are a few steps we can take to combat the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities and keep our residents safe. It’s important to have policies in place for your facility and ensure all staff members follow procedures correctly. To learn more about keeping resident safe from COVID-19 check out our webinar Keeping You, Your Clients, and Staff Healthy While Delivering Safe, High-Quality Food and Dining Services for more information.